The summer season is upon us, and I’m delighted to be performing up and down the east coast this summer.
- Tonight, Monday June 26, I return to perform with the Jupiter Symphony Chamber Players, performing Beethoven’s String Quartet Op. 59 no. 2, with Stefan Milenkovich and Becky Anderson, violins, and Maurycy Banaszek, viola, in addition to works by Spohr and Hoffmeister, 7:30 pm, Christ and St. Steven’s Church.
- July 5-9 I’ll be performing with the Boston chamber orchestra A Far Cry, performing works by Dvoak, Holst and Bartok in Newport, Rhode Island, 8pm on July 8th at the Breakers
- On July 14, I’ll be performing Steve Reich’s “Different Trains” and more in Brooklyn (venue TBA) with Brendan Speltz, Alex Fortes, and Milena Pajaro-van de Stat of the Dover Quartet
- On August 3, I’ll be appearing as Principal cellist at the Manchester Music Festival, to perform the principal solo in Brahms Piano Concerto no. 2 with pianist Alexander Kobrin, winner of the 2005 Van Cliburn International Piano Competition
- I return to the Lake George Music Festival for my 5th season August 13-24 for some wonderful chamber music collaborations (repertoire TBA)
- From August 26-September 2nd, I will be in residence at the Avaloch Farm Music Institute, collaborating with composer Dorian Wallace and Tenth Intervention to workshop a New Cello Concerto being written for me, to be premiered in New York City next winter.
- On September 4th, I return to Louisville to begin my 4th season as Principal Cellist of the Louisville Orchestra.
- On September 11, I return to perform once again with the Jupiter Symphony Chamber Players, to perform sextets by Brahms and more repertoire TBA.
Hope to see you all when and if possible! Have a fantastic musical summer!
Leave a reply